Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 16, 2011

There are better things to do than.......

So, you see it has all mounted up on the desk...Things that need to be done...and now I have given myself the extra pressure of a blog, a Facebook page, and so far I have managed to avoid Twitter because of the stress of it all. I have a recording from childhood of my mothers voice in my head on repeat. Right now she is  at 78rpm, her voice getting shriller by the minute, and the more pressure I put myself under to complete something, the more she will shriek about my tardiness...

I remember a therapist telling me once that I had to kill my mother (well obviously not really, otherwise I would have been banged up for over twenty years now.) But symbolically. He gave me a pillow and suggested I punch it and scream at my mother. But I couldn't do it...I just couldn't. He said I would never get rid of the voice if I couldn't kill her there and then as a pillow. But I could hear the therapist's wife upstairs in the kitchen, offering her children lunch. Well I figured if I could hear her, then she could most certainly hear me. I put this to the therapist and he reassured me that  his wife could hear nothing.
I didn't believe him and so I was unable to deliver more than a feeble and feathery whisper into my billowy parent, before she was quick to remind that I was a failure at therapy too.

So I have repaired to the local bar and met up with two inspiring friends. Peter Poplaski http://blog.seniorennet.be/peterpoplaski and Marcus Reichert http://www.marcusreichert.com/ and under the influence of a citron presse and some very tall and inspiring tales, I have put off paperwork for another day.
This could be a reason  why I live in the Cevennes. There are plenty of fellow desk dodgers and a wealth of subjects of a more pressing nature to be discussed dissected  and dispatched. Anyway, I must buy some more staples before I can think of undertaking any form of paperwork. Shut up Mother!





2 comments:

  1. I think I would rather hang out with a man with a penchant for Zorro,than do the poxy paperwork.Awaiting next instalment of life with the old Etonian Fishmonger,(with baited breath!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would rather hang out with a man who has a penchant for Zorro,than do the poxy paperwork.I await(with baited breath)the next instalment of life with the old Etonian Fishmonger!!

    ReplyDelete

The Fishmonger

The Fishmonger
The Fishmonger beside a tinkling stream.

The whippet walk

The whippet walk
Mazet